Thursday, July 8, 2021

Canceled: Traditional Latin Mass on Sunday, July 11, 2021

We regret to inform you that the traditional Latin Mass scheduled for this coming Sunday has been cancelled. The following is Fr Justin Brady's letter explaining the cancellation.


Saint Paul’s Catholic Church
Iglesia Católica de San Pablo
St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Melba
Our Lady Queen of Heaven Chapel, Oreana
Our Lady of Tears Chapel, Silver City

8 July 2021

Blessed be The Most Precious Blood of Jesus!

Dear Latin Mass Community,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude to God and His Excellency Bishop Peter Christensen for the gift of serving the Latin Mass Community of the Treasure Valley. I am greatly looking forward to celebrating the sacrifice of the Holy Mass with you.

However, I regret to tell you that I must cancel the TLM scheduled for this upcoming Sunday, July 11th. The reason for this is that I am not ready offer the Holy Mass with the knowledge and skill it demands. I hope you understand that this was not my initial plan, but this first week at the parish is demanding all of me. I do not have the time to get myself properly reacquainted with the Vetus Ordo that I thought I would have. The reasons for this cancellation fall squarely on me, and no one else. I will not place myself in the situation to offer this rite in an unworthy or unprepared manner.

It is with sadness that I make this decision, and it should not be taken as an ill omen for the future of this Mass. I have a deep love for this rite, and I desire to be faithful as a priest celebrant. Please pray for me, and ask Our Lord to be generous with his grace upon me. I will put in the good work to be prepared for August and beyond. I am confident of your support, and I pray I will serve Our Lord, and all of you, well.

May Our Lord bless and keep you,

Rev. Fr. Justin Brady

Pastor: St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Nampa

No comments:

Post a Comment