Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Requiem Mass - observations from a first-timer

Dear Father,


I attended the Mass yesterday afternoon (11/2). I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for presiding over this Mass. It was an experience I shall never forget.  I have been longing for something more from liturgy for a very long time, and I knew my longings would be fulfilled in the Latin Mass, although I'd never attended one. I truly felt as if I was just this side of the veil yesterday, and I cried for a good part of it. It was beautiful worship, and watching you and the servers was like a holy dance. At no point did I feel "slighted" for not understanding the Latin, or having your back to me; instead, it all felt right and proper. The only thing I felt other than joy was a feeling of great sadness that such a thing of beauty was ever taken away from us. I grew up in the 60s-70s so the Novus Ordo is the only Mass I know. I fear that now my longing will be even greater as I return to that same Mass, now that I have experienced the alternative. However, I know that our Lord is there and that is reason to endure! Please be assured of my continual prayers for you.


God bless you Father.


Sincerely and in Christ's love,
[anonymous]

No comments:

Post a Comment